We’re excited to announce that we are expanding our team to grow our Bingka dream!
Bingka is currently a small team with a studio based in Taman Maluri, Cheras and has been
designing & developing products inspired by Malaysian food and culture since 2015.
full time or part time:
We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated and enthusiastic about picking up new skills.
- Works great independently and in teams,
- Takes pride in delivering good work.
- Exceptional with Photoshop, Illustrator. Familiarity with other software is a plus.
- Well acquainted with Bingka’s established aesthetics and style.
- Strong attention to detail (mistakes are costly! lets help each other avoid it)
- Well-organized (can manage and strategize your own schedule, taking into account other project timelines and concurrent tasks for timely delivery of work. Also keeping your indefinite amount of revised photoshop files organized)
- Good understanding of visual design; composition, layout, typography, colour.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills is extremely important. (Clarity when communicating, being friendly, understanding and patient, maturity in handling difficulty.)
- Ability to receive and learn from constructive feedback.
- Comfortable with social media platforms.
- Would be great : experience with photo and video production.
The job requires working closely with the team to develop design deliverables from start to finish. You need to be well acquainted and maintain good relationships with staff of every level so that you can work together to create good work.
We need you to assist in design work for our brand and product line that may range in the following :
- Tastefully apply and modify our illustrations into new designs for various mediums, eg; paper, textile, sewn products etc.
- Create illustrations and products aligning with Bingka’s style and aesthetics.
- Make mock ups of product designs for visualization and development.
- Research and study subject matters pertaining to assigned projects, building compelling moodboards and story to support and provide depth to design concepts.
- Design retail and marketing collaterals for our website and social media.
- Create well thought out marketing materials, such as signages, brochures, catalogues, posters, flyers etc.
- Check and proof final design files before submission.
If you check most of the boxes, give it a try! All that matters is a kick ass portfolio and a good personality to do great work with. Do highlight your strengths and additional skills. We’re open to full time and part time positions. We’ll be excited to have you on the team, to nurture our skills and grow together.
Please email your portfolio demonstrating your proficiency in any of the relevant design tasks to: email@example.com